Tuesday, December 24, 2019

MAGICAL LAUGHTER, MERRY JOLLY PEACE

THE MAGIC OF LAUGHTER

Lighten up



It's not easy for many at this time of year to feel what we think we should, what others say we should, and what we've been taught to believe.

Just doing that is stressful. Many of us suffer: Sadness, depression, grief, nostalgia, worry - all part of the season, right?

If for just ONE moment, a couple minutes - at least-  you can find some healthy relief will you take it?

Laughter is the best medicine. Honestly. 

In the morning and sometimes later, I go on YouTube to watch a funny video - I enjoy Steve Harvey on Family Feud. Also, I pull out one of Erma Brombeck's books - the younger readers might not know of her. The book  is sooooo funny! I go to sleep chuckling instead of grieving those I'm missing

Sometimes, I watch babies laughing videos - now they're the best. Belly laughs - their wee eyes crinkled up, hands waving in the air. Check a few out.

Laughter good for the belly and the soul.

It's actually a stress reliever for the physical body. Good for the digestive system. Try it. Laugh, out loud - ready? ho ho ho, hee hee, hee ha ha ha ha... feel that stomach contract? If not doing it more heartily. Once again, with feeling HO HO HO  HA HA HA HE HE HE for say 30 seconds.

And, if in public, your laughter will effect others- sure they'll think you're a bit off - but! they'll get a kick out of your crazy out loud laughing and at least crack a smile.

When you laugh, you breathe deeper, clear out your lungs. Really, do it for about 60 seconds. Go on... I dare ya.

Catch your breathe. Feel the energy in your body. Laugh again.

Bust a gut! Pee your pants.

Now, your physical body is more stress free and has a chance to heal what is out of alignment. 

My big sister who inconveniently  died on me - suddenly, -poof gone! ! How could she, being my bestest friend and fellow spiritual student and also the High Priestess of our coven. 

Anyway - she and I laughed all the time. We were quite irreverent - not mean to anyone, just about life and the silliness of some - drama, drama people - you know what I mean.

Always felt greatly loved being with her. Always. Now I think of her, yes, I feel sad for a moment but then mentally I see us siting on her country home porch in our flannel nighgowns, drinking tea with milk and honey and laughing and talking about spiritual and magic things.

Who will you bring happiness to today by laughing with them?

Merry, jolly, peace to all. Do the best you can for a few seconds my fellow humans. Be kind.

June Ahern author of four books and more about her teachings at june ahern do com and sf coaching dot com.

No comments:

CORPSE ROADS: COFFIN PATHS: PATHWAYS TRAVELED BY SPIRITS

  Take Your Dead to These Old Corpse Roads T he dead “were carried along strictly defined corpse roads for the belief that coffins sterilize...