Monday, October 14, 2019

IMAGE CANDLES WITH HANDFASTING CEREMONY

Handfasting is an ancient Celtic tradition 

for "tying the knot" - wedding ceremony, 

As an officiant at weddings and as part of the 

handfasting I add image candles. 

More Traditional White Wed
It's a lovely tradition where different colored ribbons or cords are loosely tied around a couples hands as vows are exchanged and/or sacred words are spoken with each ribbon or as the cord is draped over the hands. Then the ribbons (cord) is loosely tied.

There are various ways to tie the knot and how it is done is up to the couple and/or officiant. 

I've enjoyed officiating at weddings since 1992, which started because one of my sisters asked me to do it. Since then, family, friends and recommended others have invited me to be their "minister" - officiate. Each wedding has been a bit different in vows and celebrations and all, wonderfully lovely.

What I've always included is couple candles also known as image candles; an added sacredness with vows or special words spoken as the candles are lit.  
Red: passion

Sometimes I use a man and woman candle of different colors. After they have burned completely down I do a psychic reading of the mixed  blended colors of the candles wax for the couple. 

Who lights whose? Each person can light her or his own or exchange lighting. Vows/words can be spoken as they do.  I.E. "You are the light of my life" or "You light me up."

At my last wedding the message was quite clear early on during the melting of the wax.

 See how the wax on one (bride) candle dropped over to the other (groom) in the shape of a heart? Beautiful, isn't it and if not for a guest seeing it, I wouldn't have captured this magical message - giving her heart completely to her husband.



There are many different kinds of couple - wedding - candles to choose from.  You don't have to wait for a wedding. Hubby and I marked our anniversaries by lighting the image candles. Enjoy celebrating your love!


In this blog there's more about handfasting and pagan weddings.



You can choose the color to best describe your love relationship.

A passionate orange coupling. 
June Ahern, an author of four books, is a psychic medium
with paranormal investigations as seen on YouTube.
She is a Metaphysical and Life Coach and professional speaker.
Review more about June and her books at june ahern dot com

No comments:

CORPSE ROADS: COFFIN PATHS: PATHWAYS TRAVELED BY SPIRITS

  Take Your Dead to These Old Corpse Roads T he dead “were carried along strictly defined corpse roads for the belief that coffins sterilize...