Saturday, February 13, 2010

LOVE LETTER TO SELF


Big Girl Bombshell blog page (no longer open) suggested a love letter to self for Valentine's Day.

I hope this inspires you to also write a letter of self appreciation and gratitude for all you truly are. At times, I had to pause and think what to see in myself that is good and worthwhile. Let me know how your letter to self goes.

I am accustomed to writing love letters to my husband and now will write to myself in a way I would to him.

Dearest June, you Witchy Woman you,

You make my heart light as a warm breeze lifting a lace curtain in spring time, a whisper of tenderness and promise of relief from the day's heated and heavy duties.

If not for your words of kindness, always at times needed so much, I'd crumble in the face of life's harsh challenges.

For too many years, dear, you have wasted breath mumbling negative words to self - "I did not measure up." To whom? To other's expectations? Nay, my tenderhearted girl, you are a special treat like a Valentine chocolate!

Now in the years of your life where you think (see) that your body no longer holds its own on the beach, we find humor, laughing aloud at the rolls encountered in nakedness -- like rolls of waves, one after another, continual never ceasing to keep the life in you in motion with a lift of spirit.

I like how you've aged. You continue to bring joy to my being -- you're still a keen dancer; boogie on down.

 I whip a hand across my forehead to stop those miserable thoughts of self uttering self-defeating words. Wheest! You are smart and wise enough. Look at your life successes, the people you've inspired, the ones you have loyally loved, the places you've seen in the world...all of it. The challenges you've face, living with light beyond the abuse. How tenacious, sweet warrior-woman. Against many odds, you struggled at times to keep your place in the sun, continuing to find beauty - in a rose, in the giggles of children and the hearts of friends. With a keen eye you reminded me often how life is an interesting entertainment.

Yes, dearest, you are a strong woman, you kept your sense of humor, even after the beatings and cruel criticisms from those who disbelieved in you and your worth; you always believed in yourself - somewhere in your heart.

Now, I find that you are healing, truly healing because the past does not have the same powerful hold over your life, No longer do you linger long upon past hursts and grievances, rather only express the pain as sharing to encourage others to move on - live better. Give them something to really talk about - your day in the sun!

That is a beauty about living longer; willingness to support others to live fully. And why, dearest friend? Because so many have loved and encouraged your wishes, dreams and goals. Yes, I have and am, loved deeply and because of that, I love myself.And, with that, love others in more so, wholly, without judgement, with respect and honor for their worth.  Blessed be. Your V-Girl, Witchy Woman.

I offer talks online and special events in person about such subjects as intuition developing, the tarot, candle magic, Halloween Ritual Celebration. Updates found at my website. june ahern.

Read about my novels (where self-love and care is to be found) and non-fictions at june ahern dot com. Also can found on Amazon.com and Smashwords.com and other book selling outlets.

No comments:

CORPSE ROADS: COFFIN PATHS: PATHWAYS TRAVELED BY SPIRITS

  Take Your Dead to These Old Corpse Roads T he dead “were carried along strictly defined corpse roads for the belief that coffins sterilize...