Tuesday, April 2, 2019

KIDS AT SEANCES/GHOST HUNTS

SHOULD CHILDREN AND TEENS JOIN IN ON A SEANCE? 


 The boundaries, which divide Life from Death are at 

best shadowy and vague. 

Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

 Edgar Allen Poe



Q: Do I think children and younger teens should participate in a seance? 
A: "No" and not because the younger ones don't or can't communicate with the spirits of the dead, but because they are so very sensitive to all surrounding them and are strongly impressionable, emotional, innocent and naive. 

This is not saying some adults aren't also, but young people have such an open energy that negative, low-grade spirits are easily attracted as they are to old, the ill and frail, the gullible, and the overly emotional persons who can’t protect their energy. 

I do believe younger people's psychic impressions and experiences shouldn't be ignored or denied. When I gave Kids'  ESP classes my students were very open and trusting and ready to tell their experiences. Listening, agreeing and guiding the kids to practical understanding was a lovely time.

I've years of experience and education with psychic phenomena and know first hand how wonderful spirit communication can be and at the same time, know how dangerous certain situations can be. 

When on a ghost investigation or ghostly hunt people often bring"very aware" children. Here I say "maybe, depends on the kid and location."  If it's an easy ghost walk or a daytime ghost event, that's okay. 

On a rainy London night ten year old son went on a ghost hunt. It began in a graveyard then moved around the city with one stop in a pub with a the dark, damp basement where a quite small jail cell sat. 

Before we went I created a safety circle energy around both of us so neither would be bothered or bring home an attachment (discussed in my book.)  I've never been on a ghost hunt that does this. 

 My son was super tired from our long flight to England and not all that impressed but I was with the thrill of feeling ghostly energies.

But still kids can be so impressionable that afterwards can have nightmares and attract unwanted spirits and ghosts taking them home. So, think before going on a ghost tour or hunt with your kids.

Below is one of many the questions from the curious living answered in in my book How To Talk With Spirits: Mediums, Seances, Ghost Hunts available at all major bookselling sites.

Q: My teen daughter is very interested in communicating with spirits. Is it wise to let her go to a séance with me? 

A: I wouldn’t encourage people under eighteen to take part in a séance. 

They “spook” too easily, are highly emotional and quite imaginative. Not that the same can’t happen with adults. The most important reason is young people can attract pesky spirits––like poltergeists. Children can, and do see spirits and ghosts more easily than most adults. 

I have a grandson, eight years old at the time of publication showing signs for being a gifted psychic with a strong tendency toward spirit communication. I advised him, “If you’re going to continue to communicate with the dead you mustn’t be frightened by them” as he is at times. We work together to understand the different energies and spirits and how to manage the types of communication he is age ready to experience. His has a rare situation with a grandmother who can guide.

Without knowing your daughter, I would recommend a private session with a reputable medium, but not a séance at this time. Also, if she's interested in psychic development and perhaps has already shown ESP abilities there are schools and books to teach you to develop and use your ESP positively. I can confidently recommend Litany Burn’s Your Psychic Abilities, and for children,The Sixth Sense of Children. I found both helpful when teaching ESP classes. If not these book I’m sure your search for a learning source will take you to the one best for you interest.

••••
My ghost investigations with The Haunted Bay on YouTube, Amazon Prime, Asian American Movies.  

Books at www. june ahern dot com.   My books are available on all major bookselling sites and from me. 
"How to Talk With Spirits: Seances, Mediums Ghost Hunts - The Timeless Counselor: The Best Guide to a Successful Psychic Reading  and Novels  

@ghosthunts @paranormal @ghostinvestigation @spiritcommunication @ghoststories #ghosthunts #paranormalinvestigations #ghoststories @NDE #NDE




No comments:

CORPSE ROADS: COFFIN PATHS: PATHWAYS TRAVELED BY SPIRITS

  Take Your Dead to These Old Corpse Roads T he dead “were carried along strictly defined corpse roads for the belief that coffins sterilize...