Friday, February 7, 2014

INSPIRATION: RUSTY DENNIS HAD MY BACK

Rusty and me, 1985, Pacifica, CA

Who has inspired you to venture further with your talents and abilities?

One of my greatest, supportive and inspiring persons was Rusty Dennis. 





Rusty Dennis mother of Rocky whose story was portrayed in the movie, "Mask" and I spoke often about spirit communication. We made contact with Rocky, her youngest son's spirit, and later after her eldest son, Joshua, passed we contacted him. Rusty would have loved how popular my latest book, "How to Talk With Spirits: Seances, Mediums, Ghost Hunts" has become.

Joshua and I met at Rusty's home on Mission Street in San Francisco. When Joshua became very ill and was hospitalized Rusty and I went to visit and give him a healing energy.  The little time we spent together I learned he was a kind and gentle man.

Rusty was a great supporter of my metaphysical and psychic work. She had taken several classes from me; Tarot 1 and 2 as well as ESP Development 1 and 2. She encouraged me to bring my psychic talents and teaching skills south to Los Angeles, California where she lived. Once there, Rusty introduced me to many of her friends to set-up lectures and readings.  She truly was a gifted psychic reader.

Rusty was one hellva woman! One tough lady and a real kick! A few times we clashed, but she was only testing me to she what she could get away with. Not only were we both Geminis, had a great interest in and studied the metaphysics and occult, we both had motorcycles, loved trucks, faster cars, and younger men!  

Once while I was visiting her in Los Angeles, CA we were driving to a psychic readers event in her VW bug and got into a disagreement.  It was over windblown hair. Because it was so hot and with no air conditioner in the car, I opened the window. Rusty didn't want her hair to get messed up (yes, she was vain). She demanded I close the window. I said, "No." She came back with "Get out the car." I said, "Pull over."  In LA there's nas nary a bus and we were miles from her house. She laughed loudly at my retort.  Yes, she liked that I was tough too. We drove on and soon were talking about other things than messy hair dos.  

Below is her endorsement for my book first published as "A Professional Psychic Reading as Alternative Counseling" reprinted in 2011 under the title,  The Timeless Counselor: The Best Guide to a Successful Psychic Reading:

"I have been inspired by June’s ability to awaken the awareness of many people and to train them to use their metaphysical gifts productively. Her readings and classes allowed me to recognize my own gifts and taught me how to utilize them effectively. Now I successfully do reading and healing for others. June is a loving and knowledgeable person. We could all benefit through the information she shares with us."

We read at Whole Life Expo SF and later in LA at a psychic fair/event we lectured and did readings.

There was always plenty of laughter, and I received great insights from her readings.
Rusty didn't complain. She didn't feel sorry for herself. When people would offer their sympathies for the "lost of her sons", Rusty would say, "They're not lost. They're dead. I know where they are."

A mother of sons herself, she liked kids and enjoyed having my son hang out with us (see the photo to the right.)

Rusty remains ALIVE! In spirit - be bold, be tough, be yourself and she was to the end.

 I know you love that people remember you, you ham! Ha ha. I can hear her laughing with me.

Yes, Rusty inspired me to stay adventurous, to enjoy the wild ride of life with humor and boldness.
More Rusty and me stories on my tribute to her - this blog 
http://witchgoddesses.blogspot.com/2011/05/tough-chicks-lol.html

Read more about my books at:
 june ahern dot com, Smashwords.com,  Amazon (ebooks too) or Barnes and Noble. My novels, The Skye in June and City of Redemption, keep the flavor of the psychic world and continue to receive overwhelming positive reviews on Amazon, Goodreads, my website, Smashwords and other book readers' sites.


No comments: